Windows provides lots of features to help you enjoy using their operating systems.They Work hard to try and make Windows User's Work Easier. Unfortunately, these features associated with Microsoft products do encounter a number of issues or problems such as Error Code 0x800700b7. Even if, Microsoft tries their best to provide ways and means of overcoming such problems.
System Restore and Backup feature in windows has proved to be very helpful over all these years. This is a valuable feature that backs up your PC files and configurations. You can use the backed up files and configurations to restore your PC in case something happens that interferes with its smooth operation.
Like with any other Microsoft feature, the System Restore and Backup feature does encounter problems. This is why you can encounter Error 0x800700b7.
The occurrence of this error simply means that the application associated with the system restore feature has run into a problem. This means that it can neither backup nor restore any backed up files or configurations.The most likely moment when you may encounter this error is when trying to Restore your PC.
Reasons Why you get Error Code 0x800700b7
There are many reasons why you may encounter error 0x800700b7;
- An installed Third-party antivirus/malware program that stops the system restore feature from accessing files that the antivirus program flags as a file as a threat to your PC system. Note that the built-in Firewall program can also do this.
- Corrupt system files, which may be as a result of virus/malware infection.
- Incorrect configuration of system settings, which can be due to installation of a program that alters system settings.
- Failed or incomplete installation of a program, which leaves invalid entries in your PC's Windows registry.
- Incorrect shutdown of your PC, which can occur due to power failure.
How to Fix Error 0x800700b7 in Windows
There are several methods that you can use to correct error 0x800700b7;
Method 1: Install Pending Programs
You can easily resolve error 0x800700b7 by installing any programs that is downloaded but not yet installed.