Netflix Error nw-2-5 - Easy fixes that Works

Last Updated: Sunday, 11 July 2021

Currently, Smart Tv Users and those who use Consoles like Playstation and xbox to watch Netflix are getting Netflix Error nw-2-5 on their screen. This error code while trying to open Netflix app is keeping users away from watch their favorite shows.

We at fixerrs.com will try to list possible Solutions to Netflix Error code nw-2-5 , So that you can once again start watching your favorite shows.

Why Netflix Error nw-2-5 Occurs

Basically, Error Code nw-2-5 occurs because of Network connectivity issues. But Do not worry, because we will also see how to fix Netflix Error nw-2-5 easily. Just follow below steps

Methods to Fix Netflix Error nw-2-5

We are listing few things that you can do by your own to solve this netflix error. Please try them 1 by 1 and let us know which one works for you if it does.

Method 1: Power Cycling your Console

The Easy and Simplest Method to Fix Netflix Error nw-2-5 is to Power Cycling your Console. To do so you will have to perform the below simple steps which are explained.

Step 1: First of all Turn off Your Console and unplug your Power Source.

Step 2: After Unplugging the Power Source, Now unplug Cords from the TV.

Step 3: After Unplugging Everything, Plug the Console back. And also Plug Cords Back to your TV.

Step 4: Turn the Console ON and now try Accessing Netflix App. It should run Successfully.

If the Above Steps do not solve the Issue of Netflix Error nw-2-5, then try and restart your Internet Connection.

Method 2: Deleting and Downloading Netflix

In this method, We will simply Delete Netflix app only to download it again. If the error code nw-2-5 have anything to do with netflix app itself; then, this will solve the problem for you.

If you are getting this error on playstation, you can try deleting netflix and also delete netflix settings from game utility.

In case this method fails to solve nw-2-5 error, then you proceed to try following tweaks.

Other Methods You may try to fix Error Code nw-2-5

• Disconnect your Internet and Reconnect again to see if this solves the problem.

• Check if you are not using any Proxy to access internet. If so, Remove the proxy setting and try to connect to netflix.

• If you are trying to watch netflix on Smart Tv, Try and reset your network setting.

• Contact your Internet Service provider and make sure they don't have any parental control settings which is not allowing you to watch Netflix.

I hope Above mentioned Methods will fix this issue for your and you will be able to watch your movies or web series again on netflix. Please let us know what worked for you.

22 comments

We recently bought a Smart TV and couldn't get Netflix to work. Error nw-2-5. Tried everything to resolve it and it turned out all it was was our parental controls through our broadband provider. I reset our settings with our ISP... c'est voila, it now works, thanks to the help from Celcus/Sainsburys advice. Hope this helps if you're having the same problem.

Just had this code come up. Turns out for some reason our t.v. switched to another available WiFi signal (comcast1 or something). We switched back to our designated signal and was prompted to enter our code.

I had to change the DNS settings of our WiFi network on the TV, for other reason we used proxy in the settings and this caused the problem. Turning off proxy, setting the DNS address back to the original and restarting the TV solved the problem.

I tried the above with no help. I finally disconnected from my network, turned my playstation's internet off and back on and reconnected and it fixed it for me.

Got this error on my ps4. Had to disable internet connectivity on console. Reenable and reconnect to Wi-Fi for it to work properly. The steps listed above didn't help me.

Had this error for months now. Netflix works on other machines, but not the PS4. Called Netflix and Sony and neither could help. Have restarted, reinstalled, and rebooted every thing.

NETFLIX - LG TV – BT BROADBAND
NETFLIX
I cannot now receive Netflix, though had managed to do so for some time previously. Instead, I now receive an error code NW-2-5. The screen shows a green light for one server and internet connection. It is not possible to re-sign in. All efforts to connect to Netflix have failed. According to the LG technical team the fault lies with LG or BT (internet provider).

LG (42LB650V)
I have re-tuned and reset the Smart TV from scratch. All available apps (e.g. BBC iPlayer) will play apart from Netflix. LG say the problem lies with either Netflix or BT.

BT
BT report no problem with the internet. They say the problem lies with LG or Netflix.

None of the above have been able to define the problem. It would appear that at no time have of the three attempted to discuss the problem between themselves, but have relieve on me as a go between. None seem to have either the competence or the will to solve the problem. This may serve as a caveat regarding these products and also I would like to hear from anyone who has had similar problems.

Same here tried everything

I have LG Smart TV (only bought for Netflix integration) and now I'm getting the NW-2-5 error and I'm with Virgin Media.

I checked my TV network settings - they were wrong. Reset them and connected immediately.

Same here on xbox one. Give it one more day and off to Amazon Prime or Now TV.I don't have time for this.

Only get this error code when a storm is happening. Restart works every time

3 weeks ago I got error code nw-8-14 and netflix refuses to run on my roku. I flushed dns I rebooted my router to factory settings unplugged and plugged in everything a million times and I still can't get it to work. Netflix says problem on my side so I turned my phone into a hot spot and it worked just fine when I connected. I am out of ideas how to fix this problem to run on my home network Internet.

I have an LG smart tv and I have wireless connection but I keep getting this nw-2-5 on my Netflix

I'm tryin to get some help with my Netflix I've called Netflix and the source wasn't that helpful

Yeah we had the same stuff here and they said the same thing to add the following day we had it come on but before that it would come on and then shut right back off

I have tried all of the above possible solutions. None of them have worked. I have PS4 on a Vizio smart TV. Netflix won't work with either. It WILL work on my PC, laptop, tablet, and phone. Any other advice? I have Windstream internet, supposedly their highest speed available.

It's pissin me off. Reset everything internet is fine but cant get past the nw-2-5. Whoevers fault this is. Idc who. I hope you bleed out alone in a small dark room.

I had to delete the Netflix app and download it again. That resolved my issue on Xbox one. None of the other solutions worked for me.

It's your fault,
What now?
Jk

I had so many errors like this but was unable to fix them now with the help of your post I removed all the errors, I was thinking to get spectrum internet connection but now I will stay on Netflix.

Ok guys... I have been wasting a lot of time and energy to fix this piece of crap error. Finally after 2 weeks I found some luck. All you gotta do is follow these simple steps (this method is for PS3)
1. Delete Netflix app
2. Delete Netflix settings from Game Utility
3. Make sure your Date & Time are set manually.
4. Your Time zone & PSN account should concur with each other i.e., If your PSN account is based in the US, your time zone should also be from any of the US time zones.
5. Now reinstall Netflix app and then reset the app.
6. Now sign in. Happy streaming ;)

This is bullshit.