How to fix Error 0x803f7000 in Windows 10 Store.

It is quite frustrating when you are not able to download your apps from Windows store. Specially after Upgrading your PC to Windows 10, when you try to download and install your favorite apps from the Store. Instead of Seamlessly Downloading your Desired apps, you are shown Error 0x803f7000 in Windows 10 Store.

Reasons for Error 0x803f7000 in Windows Store

Error 0x803f7000 in Windows 10 StoreBefore we move ahead and see steps to fix Error Code 0x803f7000, let us first know some reasons why you are seeing this error at first place.

Following are few reasons that you might want to know.

1. Windows Store Cache.
  2. Incorrect Data & Time.
  3. Windows not Activate.
  4. Microsoft Server overloaded.

Steps to Fix Error 0x803f7000

So After knowing the Reasons why you are facing Error Code 0x803f7000 on your Windows 10. By now you might have got a bit of idea and ways to try and solve the error but wait, We will take you through Correct steps one by one.

Method 1: Resetting Windows Store.

I always Ask users to Reset Windows store before anything when they see any errors in windows store.
This is because Clearing Cache and Resetting Windows store many a times solves the error. This is not a sure shot Method to fix 0x803f7000 error but its better to try this. Follow the steps.

Step 1: Search for Wsreset.exe and Click on the reset that windows shows you.

Step 2: After Clicking on Wsreset.exe, Just wait for few seconds, it will open up a CMD window and automatically open Store for you.

Step 3: That is it, Now try and Download and install your app that was giving you error 0x803f7000, If caches would be the problem, then your issue should be solved by now.

Method 2: Correcting Data & Time.

With some research we have found that messed up Date & time can lead you to get this error and many other errors in windows store. So you better Change and correct your time and date if its incorrect.
  • Right Click on the Time in Taskbar and click on Adjust date/time.
  • Alternatively you can click on Start > Settings > Time & Language.
  • Now Select your time Zone and Turn On Set Time Automatically.
That is it, Now try and open Windows store and see if you are still getting Error 0x803f7000 and its gone for good.

If none of the above solutions work for you then you should Retry again and again. There are possibilities that Microsoft Servers are overloaded because of obvious reasons. The Error might be Temporary and it should be solved automatically on your next Restart.

There is nothing much you can do if Microsoft's servers are overloaded. Playing Waiting game is the only option for users. Let us know if the Above Solutions works to solve 0x803f7000 error on your Windows 10 Store.

How to Avoid getting 0x803f7000 Error Again...

So after Successfully getting rid of this error after performing above 2 methods, only think you need to know is how to Avoid this error next time. There are Couple of things you can do.

• Regularly Use Total System Care for Error Free PC.
  • Keep your Copy of Windows Up-to Date Always.

28 comments

Thank you guys. In my case it was time and date set manualy, and changing to auto helped!

Thanks that worked i like the way of the answer and i swear the best answering website thanks thanks.😃😃😃😃

I'm on a brand new SurfaceBook and none of these tips has helped in my case.

None of these methods working, in fact i tried every solution available on google so far nothing worked. Microsoft :(

Neither have worked for us, so frustrating!

I've got the same situation here. Hope we can solve it soon :(

Sort it out Microsoft!

Thank you. Resetting solved the problem.

completed all of above and refuse to believe servers are always overloaded. microsoft sort it out! i bought this 10 tablet for the apps!

MS is obviously non ready for prime time. Windows 10 is an interesting oddity, but if one can't get the store to work, one can't really use the product. Inexplicable error messages, and support people making random suggestions of the "swing the chicken over your head" ilk, denotes an immature product. I couldn't find any info in the event logs related to this....no useful information whatsoever....if you don't log info when an error happens, how would you ever expect to solve it?

Back to Android, I think....

I call BS..... I just got the Surface Book,, new install, its activated, the cache was reset and I beg to differ that the servers are overloaded. This all happened right after this thing did OS updates. Its an OS update causing this Store issue. I didn't have this issue before the damned thing updated. My other PC that has 10 on it has the same issue. A friends with 10 has the same issue,, see the pattern. MS needs to get their heads out of the sand and fix these issues.

This info was way more informative than the techs at MS. All they advise I'd to restart machine and run updates. MS really needs to be on top of these types of things. I switched back from Apple but honestly not impressed with store-level service or online service. Seriously considering an iPad pro now. Disappointed in my SP4.

Sure it is... People at Microsoft Customer care has not been able to deliver upto the mark. They really need to up their quality.

But i am glad that you liked this piece of information right here, i hope this must have solved the problem for you.

Windows is simply fleecing thousands of customers out of thousands of dollars. They don't care. What? You're going to sue? AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

I tried all the suggestions, date/time, reset the store, time zone, even the three line long command line that should have totally checked out the system - still get "Acquiring licence" then try again. I even tried a desktop right after a fail and the desktop worked so it is not busy servers. I finally solved my problem by going to "Settings" selecting "Update & Security", then "Recovery" and what I consider the nuclear option "Reset this PC". Be warned that you will have to reload all your apps that you have loaded, but it solved my Store problems. Len

Hi Micheal, I would like to know if your Windows is activated or not. I have seen users unable to fix this error when their windows is not activated.

Thanks Len for your input and letting us know what helped you with this error. Resetting the Store or changing locations/Date & Time have worked for few and others have failed.

Resetting Windows will most of the time solve almost all errors but one might not want to reset the system everytime a error pops up.

This should be the last option for anyone who desperately wants to solve the issue. Thanks you.

Dude same to me u can format ur phone too

Well at least the people here do try to and help I'm beginning to think MS stands for Mostly Sh#t!

none of this solutions works. please help?

i found that none of the solutions work.. my tablet is new and i'm having nothing but problems with windows 10... please help?

none of these worked for me. why???

Go into settings, update and security, and make sure everything is updated, along with everything else. If all else fails go for the nuclear option. Lol. Good luck

thanks man! In my case it was the date and time issue.

I am Glad that i could help you fix the issue.

This is exactly why people pirate software... because it just works.