Play Store Error DF-DLA-15 While Downloading Apps

Android Smartphones are Gaining Popularity at a very fast speed. The Versatility that the Platform provides is Welcomed by most of us. Android Apps Market is Booming like never before. There are Tons of Apps available on Play store for almost every thing.

Currently, Android users are finding it difficult to Download their favorite App or Game. This is Because the Users are shown Error Code DF-DLA-15 while Downloading or Updating Apps.

Error while retrieving information from server. [DF-DLA-15]

To be exact, the Error Message says, " *App Name* Can't be Downloaded. Try again, and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting.(Error while retrieving information from server. [DF-DLA-15])"

We will try and help you with Methods that will help you solve the Error DF-DLA-15 and will thereafter allow you to Download or update your favorite apps. Let's get Started.

Fixing Error DF-DLA-15 while Downloading apps

So We will be sharing 3 Methods here which you can perform to Solve the Error and start using your phone just like before.

last updated oct. 15, 2016

Method 1: Clearing the Cache.

This is a cliché, But hey it works half of the times. In this method all you need to do is Clear the Cache and Data of few Google Apps.

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap on Apps.
  3. Select Google Play Store
  4. Tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Do the same for Google Play Services too. Once done, Try and download the app that was showing you error retrieving information from the server with code DF-DLA-15.

Method 2: Clearing Dalvik Cache

On Research, we learned that Clearing the Dalvik Cache have helped few users to overcome DF-DLA-15 Error. What is Dalvik? You may ask. Well, Dalvik is a JAVA Based Virtual machine which is the base of all the Programs.
This Method Requires you to have Root access and Root Explorer app. To name one of them is "Ex File Explorer". Now let us see how to clear Dalvik Cache.
  • Using Ex File Explorer, Open Root Directory.
  • Now Navigate to /data/Dalvik cache.
  • Select & Delete all the files from Dalvik cache folder.
  • Reboot your Android Phone.
That is it, now try and download the app again. If Dalvik cache was responsible for the error DF-DLA-15 then, the error must now be gone.

Method 3: Uninstall Updates.

NO, I am not talking about your phone updates. Here i am talking about Google Play store updates. Recently updated Play store might have compatibility issues with apps and hence popping Error messages to you.

Simply Goto Settings > Apps > Google Play Store > Uninstall Updates. Once done, Reboot your Phone and remember don't update play store just yet. First try do download the same app that was throwing Error DF-DLA-15 on your Screen.

In most cases, This method works wonder. It may not work every time but its worth a try. You can always Update play store again after the issue is solved.

Update 1: On reading Few Comments, We learned that Adding Credit Card details to Play store have resolved the problem. Try It yourself and let us know in comments if the same works for you too.

Update 2: Our Readers have Reported that, Un-Mounting SD card have worked for them. So Un-mount SD Card(Steps Below) or Completely Remove your SD card and try again.

Few more Things you can try...

If none of the above methods work for you, then you might want to try a couple of more things mentioned below.

1) Unmount SD Card: Settings > Storage > Unmount SD Card. To Restore SD Card: Settings > Storage > Re-mount SD Card.

2) Reinstall Play Store: This is Not always recommended that is why i have listed it in the End.

Feedback: Comment below & Let us Know Which method works for you to solve Error while retrieving information from server. [DF-DLA-15]. If you have anything else to add value to this article, then let us know in the comments below.

160 comments

I had the same problem but it is all solved now! Just add your payment details to your Google account and everything will be fine!

Hey KRASI, Thanks for your input. May be If Above solutions doesn't work then, this option might well come in handy.

Hi All, I just purchased a new Galaxy S7 yesterday and had this problem. I followed method 1 which did not work and when I tried to download again I got the same error. To get it to work, After step 4 I shut the phone down and restarted and then went back into play store and the downloads worked.

Hi RAFFERTY, thank you for your input. I am Assuming, By Step 4 you meant Un-Mounting SD Card worked for you.

Thanks for letting us know.

Hi,
These solutions did not work for me, I am wondering if I will have to enter a credit card number to account<payment in the google store, and in that if that is safe. Thank you.

Hi SAHIKA, Yes It is safe. You can Try it and let us know if that worked for you too as well.

Your Credit card will not be Charged unless and until you go ahead and purchase Paid apps or Games from the Play store.

Hi again,
Yes, entering a credit card number to the payment part solved the problem and now it is updating after so much time.
Google found a shrewd way to get out cc numbers.

Thank you.

Hello SAHIKA, Thank you for taking time and updating us. I am glad that the problem is solved for you.

hi everyone. just un-mount and re-mount your SD card,the download will work again! it works for me! thank you fixerrs.com!

Hey SEAN LEE, Thanks for letting us know what worked for you.

I just unmounted the SD card and then powered off the phone. After turning it on, play store started downloading apps.

I tried method 1
didnt work for me
While 2 & 3 also didnt work

Thanks SAHIL, For letting us know about this solution.

Hi PRAVEEN, Can you try by Un-Mounting your SD card from your phone?

If that doesn't work, you can add payment method(Credit card details) in Play store.

Please solve my problem
My phone playstore was not working

Please guide some in easy way

Hello KISSA, Can you please let me know with which method you are having Difficulties?

First try Unmounting your SD Card, For steps read "Few More things you can try" Section

I have tried everything and still isn't working any other ideas plz

I tryed EVERYTHING. Nothing helped.

I have tried each and every thing except adding payment method (since I don't have any credit card) what I should do. I'm worried. DF-DLA-15 error is not getting away :( :( :(

The only solution for all play store errors was the istallatin oh the newest version of Google services OUT of play store!

the above method worked for me

thanks fr the info

Glad to see this Working for People.

Thanks TALSUR2002.

Mine is an old handset I'm having to revert to - HTC Desire.

Have done all of the above, with no success. Uninstalling the updates to google play actually takes it all the way back to Android Market app (due to age of handset and default app version), still no luck. Updating to google play with cleared cache, no success.
My google account is one I've used for years and already has cards connected and I've bought apps and other things with it online in the past.

Any other suggestions?
It is giving the error code for ALL apps, and won't even download updated to basic things like task manager and adobe flash.

Seems like you have done everything mentioned here EXCEPT Un-mounting SD Card Method.

Try it and lets us know if that works.

Wiping Dalvik Cache did work for me

So good to know that TIMO, I am happy that i was able to help you.

None of these have helped with mine I tried all of them then another error came up so I factory reset my phone and it still didn't work, it doesn't work when I try to uninstall any updates for Google Play. When I try to install any apps it just keeps doing this over and over again can you help??

Clear Cache and Clear Data, and restart phone works for me. tnx!

I jusy bought new phone and I cannot install anything from play store from the first day.. I have tried to clear cache, unmount sd card, reboot phone and register payment details but it still cannot work.

For step 2, do I have to install es file explorer? is it safe? it said that it can modify or delete contents of SD card, i'm scared that my photos etc. will be exposed to cyber world..

For step 3, i cannot uninstall update as i didn't have that option. I only have force stop, disable, clear data and clear cache.. and I have tried all this but still didn't work..

what else can I do?

Thank you so much.The 3rd steps helped

Not able to install & update any apps inspite of theses methods....Samsung S Duos.

None of these worked for me

I have an Acer iconia a501. I recently did a factory reset and it is at version 3.2.1 . I can not do system update I can not download any apps of play store due to this error and that Google talk won't authenticate and play store says I am logged in but won't authenticate. I tried the unmount I tried the stop clear Google store and services. I can't get to the new system update because its a zip file so I can't get any apps or use any type of explorer. Are you able to help me I've spent hoursnttrolling through forums with no luck. Mark

Actualy just rebooting my phone after step 4 of first method was enough. no need for cc numbers.

I have the same problem
Method 1 does not work
Method 2 I can download ex file explorer

Neither update my payment details works

Ok, this problem was driving me crazy as I couldn't update/install apps for my P8.

Tried all off the above without any luck, however just discovered I was logged into my google play account using my @hotmail addresss (which works fine with my note 2/4, S5)and by creating a @gmail account and signing in using this all is well now.

Hello NZ NOOB, Thanks for your comment, Users with similar situation might find this helpful.

uninstall the update of "Google play service" from installed " apps"
I made a restart
and all work fine now

I tryed EVERYTHING. Nothing helped. In my case it hapends only on Wi-Fi, on mobile data working fine...

ALL OF THIS SUGGESTIONS ARE NOT WORK IN MY PROBLEM. IT SAYS THE APP I'D LIKE TO UPDATE/DOWNLOAD S ALREADY OBSOLETE.

ANYMORE SUGGESTIONS?

I got a brand new phone and got the error. i found a way that worked for me:

1) Remove your Google account from the phone
2) clear the cache and data from the google play store app
3) clear the cache from google play store services app
4) reboot the phone
5) add your google account to the phone

this is what worked for me.

Hello Felix, I appreciate your Input, Readers who fail to fix this error with the methods mentioned in the post can try your steps.

Thanks

Nothing worked, also i have already a payment method credit card and no sd card in my phone. What shall i do?

So I have a galaxy tab 2 that I wanted to give to my daughter but its giving me this message so obviously I can't download anything for her. Ihave tried everything here except uninstalling the play app and clearing the dalvik cache because I obviously can't download an app to get to it. It's been sittong in a drawer for about a year and just updated, so I uninstalled any updates pertaining to google play. I'm getting ready to just restore the factory settings. Anymore suggestions???

I guess I hadn't tried everything in this discussion yet, because removing and then adding my accounts then clearing google play's cache again did the trick ! THANK YOU!!!

Yes. It is work. Just adding the credit card info. Thank you so much for the valuable information

I unmounted my sd card and restart my phone then to google store when phone started and when it work it started download what i wanted . so it was my sd card . so try it first.

I can't download my apps again

i tried out every step given but still not working. I play on bluestacks please help me !

I tried all the options but none of them is worked. Getting worried, anybody is here to help???

I removed my Google account via Settings -> Accounts and re-added it through the Play Store and it worked.

Uninstalling all play store updates, clearing all data etc., then updating play services worked for me! Or something I wish I would have thought of before going through all the trouble would be to download and install newest version of play services OUTSIDE of Google play store.

Hi, method 1 (clean cache) then reboot solved the issue for me.
Thanks

I tried updating credit card info, no results

I did not have a sd card in the phone. When I put it in, downloading worked.

Try use CCleaner for me worked. ;)

Ever since my phone(moto g 3rd gen) updated itself to lollipop 6 I can't do anything with the phone it does what it wants can't download anything just a effing joke

Thanks so much! It worked! I just had to verify my payment methods!

i update google play service at another resoures, and it work after a minute (u can also try reboot)... and now i can download again at playstore

None of the methods worked for my Moto g so I got in touch with Motorola and they talked me through the resetting the phone to the factory settings and the phone works fine.And no I didn't have to give Google my cc info,it would be pretty sad if that's the only way a phone would work,eh?

Don't add your payment details it won't change a thing. It's a scam to get you to spend money, God knows who these people work for that are telling you to do so. Hopefully people are not that stupid to listen to them.

Updated my payment methods and removed the SD card. Worked a treat, updating files as per normal now. Thanks for your assistance.

Thanks KIM for reporting back, We are glad that the problem is now solved for you.

Hello, This is not true. A reader commented here and asked to add payment method because that is what solved the problem. And i can see many other readers too have got rid of the error after doing so.

Anyone can not deduct any amount of money from your card just like that. Google is a giant, the money will not be deducted unless you try and buy some paid apps or games.

Deleting all cache and adata of Google Play Store and Services. Worked for me.

Thanks.

First solution itself worked, Thanks buddy

Mine is a moto e mobile. Have tried all the mentioned options except credit card as I don't have one. What do I do???

I just got a new ZTE Obsidian, I am trying to download some apps but this error keeps popping up. I have done everything u have suggested but nothing has worked, do u have any other ideas? Please help

I am sorry to hear that FA NZ, But i can't help you any further.

Hello, I have listed all possible methods that can solve the error df-dla-15. I also added methods that are shared by fixerrs.com visitors to the main post. Unfortunately nothing worked for you but you can try one more time and see if that helps.

I have noticed that on some phones even if you are on wifi if you carrier data is weak or turned off this error also comes up.

Hi. I'm having some serious trouble and I'm getting extremely annoyed bc I can't play my games anymore. Everything worked fine on my phone for the 6 months or so I've had it, then today I go to get on my games an not one, but 2 of my games no longer work saying they need updated. The one worked half the day, and the other I haven't been able to play at all. I've tried every single one of the methods listed above an none of them worked. An I don't have an SD card, so I can't unmount. Any ideas? Please help

just sync your google account after steps 1 to 4 and it'll work :)

NON OF THE ABOVE OPTIONS HAS HELPED ME .WHAT WILL I DO? PLEASE HELP ME.

thanks a lot. the method 2 works

I tried everything here for days and still have the problem.
I only did not try the credit card option. If the problem is solved by providing a credit card, so go fuk urself google.

I have a Atm can i use this? reply asap

i am using it from a laptop and it still doest work

I've tried all the steps several times and nothing has worked. My issues started right after updating to Marshmallow last week.

clear google play services ....clear all data

un mount and er mount the card.then re start the phone

Thank you for your help I was having problems for almost a week. I was frustrated but I solved my problem with your tip of cleaning the cache and data from Google play store and Google play services.Today I am happy HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

You are welcome EVA, Next time you face any problem or error, Just search the internet. There are solutions available for almost all problems in Android, IOS, windows etc. You might land on my site too.

Have a great day !!!

well it asked so many times maybe my frustration blinded me.I saw your site today Thank you,Next time if it happens I'll look for your site.

Steps 1,2 and 3 did't work for me,but removing the sd card worked,i don't know why

Remove your sd card and then tur your phone on,then wait it to start downloading from the play store,then insert your sd card

step 3 worked with me ,thanks

I have tried them all and nothing is working...

Nothing has worked. How can I fix it

Bought a new phone and this happened. Turned out it was the Micro SD memory card making it play up. Removed card and it worked easy as that

This appears to be the ONLY thing that's working for me. I have an unlocked SM-N915A Galaxy Note Edge 4. I have no clue how this happened, although my one year old daughter had my phone for 10 minutes before I realized it.

None of the above methods worked for me.
Finally I removed my google account and then added the same account again.
That's all! It worked! Without adding my credit card number!

Thank you THOMAS L. for letting us know about this, it will help other readers too.

FINALLY! thank you so much, NZ NOOB! i was freaking out.. nothing above worked.. once again, thank you very much :)

none of the above worked for my huawei ascend mate (mt1-u06) rom CyanoGenMod 11 (android 4.4.4)
and while i love my phone, i will never give it my credit card ;)

what did work :
in recovery mode (TWRP), I wiped dalvik/cache/apps and installed GAPPS arm-4.4-nano
rebooted, phone completed the apps installation and voila ... store is now working !

Thanks Jurgen for letting us know about this. Clearing Dalvik cache can do the trick.

I have tried many of the suggestions you have made. I have no idea how to get root access, I don't see a "ex file explorer" in google play, the google store fails with this error in any kind of download or update, so I can't do this one.
I don't see any place to provide credit card info, so that one I can't do.
I can clear the cache for both google play store and services but I was hesitant to clear the data for services - I didn't want to lose information that might be difficult to re-establish.

Unfortunately nothing is downloading from the store at this point

Clear the Data as well.
You wont lose anything. It will rebuild itself.

Nothing is working for me buy it could be I need to add payment method but I don't have a credit or debit card.

Nothing else worked until I removed my google account steps then also had to restart phone a few times.

Hi guys, gosh I have a HTC Wildfire and cannot download anything from the play store, have tried everything u suggested with no luck...please is there anyone who could help me???

KRASI one problem. What if you don't have a credit card?

Unmounting the SD card didn't work for me - even after rebooting the phone. But... PHYSICALLY removing the SD card did the trick. Downloading apps now. Then I'll try using the SD card again (and reformatting it).

how i dont even haveone i also dont have a credit card :I

Hello friend , I have the same problem. Have you found a solution?

I decided on a different issue. I downloaded and updated the official firmware to version 4. problem solved

Hi! Had the same problem and fixed it by deleting the google account from the phone, starting the play store again, upon which I again had to login to the existing account that I just deleted.

The update problem started when I changed my phone to the old one and figured the google account is to blame since it warned me to login to my account when trying to download a new program. Hope this helps!

None of these worked for me.

clearing cache in the storage setting worked for me..

I unmounted my SD card and restarted my cell and Voila, apps started updating.

None working. All the methods

Here's my situation.
1. Both Play services and Play Store on basic, unupdated.
2. Fill billing methode, clearing those 2 apps caches, removing sd card, done.
3. Errors happen on both updating and downloading apps.

My phone got rooted but i haven't clear dalvik cache because boot loop worry. Is okay clearing dalvik cache? Because i won't my lenovo a1000 got bricked twice

I ran into this problem after I repeatedly performed a factory reset on my phone and re-installing the same application every time. (The factory reset was to try an solve an annoying vibration issue on my samsung). First couple of times it worked fine and then I began getting issues installing apps from play store. Initially it just would not download. After another reset it came up with this DF-DLA-15. What ultimately solved it was another factory reset and using my wife's gmail account rather than mine, it then worked perfectly. Suppose there was some block put on my account after the repeated downloads of the same app, dunno...

Hello DAWIE, I am glad that ultimately the issue is solved. Yes, Re-adding Email ID or simply changing it might work in some cases.

Thanks for your Input.

Guys i have found a new solution, works for mine Redmi 3S. You have to go to Installed apps - Google play services - Permission manager - Get location info have to be turned on. Thats it :)

Hi I am facing the problem when I instal the any application by play store errors are display df-dla-15 and login the Google account I am allredy login with Google account
Please solv this error soon as possible
Thanks
Deepak Singh

Thank You! Unmount sdcard works for me! :)

Same here no CC no SD Card ...

Ok here's another one as I do not have any credit card or SD card installed, also there is no dalvik cache on my device ... I run everything force and back and at the end I removed my account and did a factory reset. after putting back my account details it worked ...

Thank you for your input ANDI. Readers may get benefited with this.

For anyone still having this problem, this might work-
Turn your phone off by pressing the Power button and choosing Power off. Press and hold Volume down, then press and hold the Power button until the phone turns on. Use Volume down to highlight the Recovery mode option and the Power button to select it. When you see the Android mascot on his back, hold down Power and, while holding it, press Volume up. You can then use Volume down to highlight the wipe cache partition option and the Power button to select it. Afterward, use Volume down to highlight Yes and Power to select it. Finally, use Power to select Reboot system now.

Please solv this error soon as possible. i am using OPPO F1 Plus..
Thanks
Yuvii

Just use Samsung Kies and update your software. I just did that and everything is running fine now.

Pls help me !! I can't update my whatsup becoz of this error.I have tried a lot. I have entered my card number but it is not accepting my card number. Tried other cards also! !!help me plis.

solved p9 using same method by Rafferty

Unmouting the SD card worked wonders for me but was wondering if there was a permanent solution to the predicament?

I faced this problem.
How to verify my payment account?

Have done everything that has been suggested and more but no joy. Unable to update games google play and google services it's frustrating. May try turning off and rebooting wi-fi later.

This process also worked for me. In that exact order. Thanks!

Thank you so much i arrived to fuxe it

I had to reset my tablet to factory seating and know im geting this error code i have tried all of the solutins with nune working

Hello CROSSLEY DONALD, Try Removing your Google account and re-add the same after a reboot. Try it as a last resort.

Log out of google account worked for me. No restart required.

Removed my Google Account, Deleted Data and Cache for the Google Play Store under Application. Rebooted phone. Open up Google Play Store and sign in. All working now.

Hey, I am glad that this helped you to fix the issue... Thanks for letting us know.

Hey there, got the same problem, fixed it by clearing dalvik cache via recovery, thank you very much!

Another option, "enable" your google play store to access contacts. Setting-apps-google play store -permissions-enable contacts.

My problem was fixed by clearing data/dalvik chace. I accessed it using root Explorer, fortunately I have root my oppo f1, which I assume I face the problem because of that. I don't the reason, the fact it was fixed, that's all.

Cleared cache and data from the google play store as explained article, but that didn't help. However a simple phone restart after solved it.

Unfortunately, nothing is working for me! I've tried all of the suggestions and it still won't let me download any app, or update any app!

you are very very very very very very very great Its Worked by removing SD Card And restarted my mobile

All of methods works , but just temporarely. Any of that methods I have tried it worked for one update. But after few hours when I tried to update another applications my phone had the same problem. NOTHING of above mentioned methodes solved problem PERMANENTLY. So, every few days I have to delete my GOOGLE account and set it as new again to be able to update applications.

Easy way is to clear the data of Google play store....it is more easy than any other ....it really worked for me

unmounted memory card and it works

i am tried all the method but Still showing same problem.

These not work for me :-(

Another Method is using another google account and login with, sometime it the account setting that mess up the google playstore. I use another account and sign in, then try to tap install and if it doesn't return the DF_DLA_15 and it install the app, then i add my main account. Then remove the first account if you don't want several account in your phone.

I have downloaded and install google play services v8.4.89 from www.apkmirror.com and insert SD card. All works fine now.

removing sim card helped me