Windows users are getting Error 0xc000009a when trying to open any application on their system. Some of the users have reported that they are getting this error when launching a Game like GTA.
This is an Application error mainly caused because of corrupt or damaged system files. One or more files in your system are either damaged or corrupt hence, application error 0xc000009a.
How to fix error code 0xc000009a on Windows10
We will try to list the steps to fix error 0xc000009a on windows 10 which even a newbie could understand. Below are a couple of ways you can fix this error on your own.
Method 1: Use System File checker to fix 0xc000009a
- Open Command prompt(run as admin) by searching "cmd" in the search bar OR right click start button and click on Windows Powershell(admin).
- Type "sfc /scannow" without quotes and press enter.
- Wait and let it finish.
Method 2: Check your Disk Drive for errors 0xc000009a
- Open file explorer or press windows + e keys on your keyboard.
- Right-click on "C" drive and click on properties.
- Now, click on the "Tools" tab and then "check"
- Open Command prompt like you did in method 1.
- Type "CHKDSK C:" and press Enter. This will check your C drive for errors
- Wait for the task to complete, then close the window.
- Try and open the application now to see if this method solved the 0xc000009a error for you or not.